top of page



Anyone wanting to live, work, buy property or open a bank account in Spain, will be required to have a Número de Identificación Extranjero or NIE. 


A digital certificate is a secure online identification key, that allows individuals or companies to access their fiscal information on the internet with Spanish administrations like the Tax Office, Social Security and Town Hall. Contact us for more information on how to apply.


A social security number is required if you wish to work and live in Spain and also provides access to the excellent healthcare facilities provided by the Spanish Government.


Since Brexit, anyone moving to Spain from the UK, will be required to have a TIE, Tarjeta de Identidad Extranjero, as do any other non EU nationals. This is a biometric identity card which acts as proof of your right to reside in Spain 


For EU nationals applying for residency is not a complicated process, but for non EU nationals, which includes UK citizens, the process can be a bit more complicated if you don't have the right documents.


When you move to Spain or intend to spend more than 6 months here, you need to register with the local town hall as a resident and become listed  on the Padron de Habitantes, which is similar to the electoral roll.


Our team can accompany you to all your appointments in our area, translating and assisting you, so that you feel comfortable asking any questions you have and feel confident that you will get the answers you need.


Red Tape are here to help and support you or your company with any administration services you may require, from short one-off projects, to long term administrative assistance, we will cater to your needs. Please contact us with your queries and we will do our best to assist you.


Whether you need a certified translation for official documentation in certain languages or a simple translation for your personal use, we can provide you with a fast and efficient service.

bottom of page